Jah Prayzah Grave Yard Attack - More Details Emerge

Jah Prayzah says people who attacked him at his former aide's burial are not even related the deceased.

The musician escaped unhurt at Glen Forest Memorial Park - where he was attending his former security chief security Chris Nyemba's burial - when a section of people mainly bouncers charged towards him throwing stones arguing that he should not attend the ceremony.

Chris died in a car accident Sunday morning on his way from Tarrus Riley show.

In an interview with yesterday, Jah Prayzah said there is no bad blood between him and the deceased's family. He also had a good relationship with his former bouncer and showed reporters some of his chats with Chris before his death.

"To be frank with you, the people who attacked me are not even from Chris' family. "It's an overzealous group who had their own agenda. I went to Chris' home on Sunday and I was well received, there were no issues.

Jah Prayzah Grave Yard Attack - More Details Emerge
In fact I had no issues with Chris because he was no longer with 3rd Generation band.


"The last time we talked, it was a good chat, see these chats," he said giving the reporter his phone.

Jah Prayzah said all was well when he arrived and some mourners were even jostling to have selfies with him.

All hell broke loose as he walked towards the grave where the bouncers were standing.

He was protected by his security people and went on to seek refuge in music promoter Ticha Mharadze's car which went on to be damaged.

"When I realised they were targeting me with missiles, I had to retreat. My guys tried to protect we as well and Tich Mharadze told me to get into his car and his car was damaged a bit," he said.

The singer is convinced the move was premediatated.

"It was planned, as I said earlier, this has nothing to do with the deceased's family but some people who have their differences with me, which I do not know.

"It's unfortunate that it happened, I went there to pay my last respects to my brother whom I worked with," he said.

He said the bouncers expected him to fund the funeral which was not part of his visit.

"I heard they wanted me to fund the funeral but ndanga ndaenda kuti ndionekedzane neumwe wangu wandakashanda naye. I didn't know they had their own expectations, unfortunately people who are not even part of the family are making these demands."

Jah Prayzah is now worried with his safety and has since informed the police.

He, however, said he has nothing against anyone - even the perpetrators.

"Of course you get worried when such things happen and you inform the police." But in this case, I will leave it to the police but I am fine I don't have any problem with anyone," he said.

When reporters arrived at his offices for the interview, many friends were coming to check on him.

ZIFA president Philip Chiyangwa was among the people who visited Jah Prayzah.

Source - HMetro

No comments

Contact Form


Email *

Message *