Page Nav




Classic Header

Solana Windscreens Zimbabwe

Breaking News:


Chris Brown Released on $250K Bail After Assault Arrest

Chris Brown was released from a Los Angeles jail late Tuesday night on $250,000 bail, hours after the singer was arrested on assault with a...

Chris Brown was released from a Los Angeles jail late Tuesday night on $250,000 bail, hours after the singer was arrested on assault with a deadly weapon charges following a daylong standoff with police.

Singer detained after LAPD search house for gun allegedly used to threaten woman

Brown is scheduled for arraignment on the charge on September 20th at Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center, NBC Los Angeles reports.

Following Brown's release on bail, the singer's attorney Mark Geragos tweeted, "Thanks to everyone for their support and well wishes. Chris is out and well. The allegations against him are demonstrably false #TeamBreezy."

Around 3 a.m. Tuesday morning, police officers responded to a call in Brown's Tarzana neighborhood from a woman claiming that the singer pointed a gun at her in a rage. The woman then ran out of Brown's mansion and phoned police.
Chris Brown Released on $250K Bail After Assault Arrest
In a series of now-deleted Instagram videos Brown posted while authorities were obtaining a search warrant for the singer's mansion, he maintained his innocence and said he awoke to his house surrounded by police. "At the same time, when I call the police for stalker people that are endangering my life, they don't come until the next day," Brown said. "Then somebody make a fucked up allegation about me, and oh yeah the whole fucking SWAT team."

Brown's standoff with police would not be resolved until Tuesday afternoon.

Since the incident, Brown's accuser, a woman named Baylee Curran, has spoken to several news agencies about the situation. As Curran told Extra, she and a "business partner" went to Brown's house to "simply have a business conversation." At one point, Curran claims, an associate of Brown's brought out a sampling of jewelry, including a diamond cross necklace that Curran admired. The associate then began "cussing, yelling, calling me names, saying, ‘Get away from the diamonds,'" Curran said.

Soon after, Brown allegedly entered the room. "Chris came in, pulled out his gun and said, 'I'm getting so sick of you people,' pointed the gun at me, said to 'get the f out of the house,'" Curran said. "Something to that sort of 'I'm gonna pop a cap.' I don't know."

After leaving the house, Curran realized she didn't have her cellphone, since the device was confiscated upon entering Brown's home. When Brown's associates returned with her phone, they also asked her to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which Curran refused to do. She alleges that she then snatched back her cellphone and ran away, hiding under a neighbor's SUV.

"I went to the left side of the street, went up a couple houses, was running," Curran said. "That's when the neighbors heard the commotion and saw me out there and then called the police, and that is when I then called the police."

During the police standoff, Brown claimed that the incident took place after "two uninvited guests" showed up to his house. However, in a separate TMZ interview, Curran said that she had visited Brown's mansion several times in the past.

Police officers responded to a call after Chris Brown reportedly pulled a gun on a woman.